Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Funky pickles make me sad

Welcome to my blog!

Here, I hope to entertain you all with stories associated to food, food and restaurant reviews, and a new recipe of the week that is easy, affordable, and delish.

In recent kitchen endeavors, last night I made baked pickles. A weird concept I know, but my friend had them at a Christmas party as a snack, and I wanted to see if I could recreate her concoction. A 1/4 cup of corn meal, some Parmesean cheese, some spices, dry off the pickles, bread them and bake. I was going for good snack, but I ended up with an apartment reeking of 1/2 dills. My roommate said that's what I get for trying to bake pickles.

8 comments:

locomo said...

Baked pickles, eh... Is that a southern thing? - seems like it might be in the same family as fried green tomatoes...

Anyhow, can't wait for the regular food updates! A good friend of mine writes a similar blog for the Boston area called Eatin With Lynne that you may want to check out. And then some other folks I know in the NYC area maintain a fun potluck recipe oriented blog called Two Heads of Lettuce.

Unknown said...

I tried baking pickles once, but it was part of some Mexican dish that my friend's grandmother used to make, i didn't like it much, but at least there was no bad after smell

Jeanette said...

no, they were terrible. i think i have to get diff pickles. ill keep you posted :)

Beams said...

Jeanette, what an innovative idea! Ive always wanted pickles for Christmas...sometime cookies get old.

Jeanette said...

Christmas pickles. i like it.

Cara said...

The christmas pickle! You have to hang it on your christmas tree! weird old traditions...

Jeanette said...

i forgot about actual christmas pickles. i'll get on it for next christmas i promise!!

ro said...

Ok, i don't love blogger, but I love this blog! And I love pickles...what a great idea, a food blog!

I hope this time the Blogger gods allow me to post (this is the third time I've attempted to post a comment).

Keep on bloggin' girl!