Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Oh Drunk Brunch.

As you may or may not know about me, both in life and by reading this lover-ly blog, I LOVE BRUNCH. Anything to do with brunch excites me: omlette, home fries, mimosas, bellinis, sandwiches...really all of it. I am very biased in saying that New York City has some of the most incredible brunch spots on the planet. A place that is very close and dear to my heart is Intermezzo (202 8th Ave, between 20 and 21 streets). My friends and I have affectionately named this wonderfully normal Italian eatery 'Intermesso' and soon you will see why.

This my friends, is what Intermezzo calls a mimosa, but what I call, a fishbowl:



Intermezzo features an $8 all you can drink special during brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from Noon-4 pm (so get there early!). You can do unlimited bellinis, mimosas, bloody marys, or straight champagne (don't say I didn't warn you).The food is awesome too. Somehow when my friends and all gather for a 'drunk brunch', the bill comes to $20 a person! Incred.

In great need for a quality drunk brunch this past Sunday as it nor'easter-ed and looked like this,




the brunch crew branched out to a new unlimited mimosa drunk brunch place called Sapore. On the corner of Perry Street and Greenwich Street in the West Village, this cute little Italian inspired cafe did not fail. I had a salad which wasn't a great choice (who honestly orders a salad at brunch, I know, I'm still mad at myself), but everyone else's food looked great. Or maybe it was just the constant loose pouring wrists of the friendly wait-staff...who knows. (at one point I proclaimed to the waiter 'It's like you know me!' as he brought over pitcher after pitcher of mimosas before my glass could get half empty (or half full, whatevs). It was like he knew me. Or just wanted a table of screaming ladies..) I know some of the gang had a fritata they all enjoyed and the eggs Benedict looked fabu.

As the mimosas continued as quick as the streets were flooding, the cameras were snapping. Here is a certain friendly blogger with our waiter.


(Identities of all bloggers have been consealed to protect the blogging party's reputation...haha RIGHT.)

Let's just say, we'll always have a table at Sapore.

Recipe of the Week this week is going to be a bit lame, or not..depending on your outlook of drinks. To keep with the theme of spirited spirits, I decided to share with you all,
Kaitlin's Peach Bellinis:

Ingredients:
Goya Peach (or whatever other kind of fruit) Nectar (in internation section of store)
Champagne
Orange Juice

Directions:
Two parts peach nectar, two parts OJ, go for the rest with Champagne. Or however else you like it. My gang rolls deep.

I know, lame recipe...but I was so happy when Kaitlin figured out to replicate our favorite Intermesso bev. They have inspired many homemade drunk brunches. Throw a brunch party this weekend and impress your peeps!!!

I know that there are a ton of unlimited drink brunches in this city, and trust you me, I'd love to go to every single one. Trouble is after a good drunk brunch, you're pretty much restricted to sleeping or shopping afterwards, so beware. Anyone have any favorites I should try out? I should have devoted this blog to unlim brunches..but then again, I'd probably have no posts done!

Peace, Good Snacks & Plenty of Mimosas,
Jeanette
xx